Our work with great teams on great projects puts us in the spotlight!
Hess Roise awards include:
- Pillsbury A-Mill Hydroelectric Power Project, Minneapolis — AIA Minneapolis, Preserve Minneapolis, and Minneapolis Heritage Preservation Commission 2019 Preservation Gem Award
- Minneapolis Music History Project — AIA Minneapolis, Preserve Minneapolis, and Minneapolis Heritage Preservation Commission 2019 Grassroots, Advocacy and Education Award
- NorShor Theatre, Duluth — Preservation Alliance of Minnesota 2018 Impact Award and Finance and Commerce Top Projects of 2017.
- 700 Central, Minneapolis — AIA Minneapolis, Preserve Minneapolis, and the Minneapolis Heritage Preservation Commission 2017 Heritage Preservation Award and Finance and Commerce Top Projects of 2016.
- 333 on the Park, Saint Paul — Preservation Alliance of Minnesota 2017 Honor Award.
- River Parkway Landslide Slope Repair, ENR Midwest 2017 Best Small Project (under $10 million).
Elizabeth Gales was honored with the 2019 Steve Murray Award for her advocacy and professional preservation work that has created a foundation for better awareness and engagement with historic structures in Minneapolis. The award is given annually by AIA Minneapolis, Preserve Minneapolis, and the Minneapolis Heritage Preservation Commission. In 2017, Charlene Roise was honored to receive the Preservation Alliance of Minnesota President’s Award.
Our work also appears in print:
- The Minnesota Department of Transportation commissioned Charlene to write a history of the historic Stillwater lift bridge spanning the Saint Croix River between Minnesota and Wisconsin. The Saga of the Stillwater Lift Bridge: A Preservation Case Study was published in 2019. Download a copy from the department’s website (PDF 15 MB) or purchase a hard copy from the Minnesota Department of Administration’s bookstore.
- Montana, The Magazine of Western History published Charlene’s article, “A Mid-Century Monolith,” about the fascinating history of the Hungry Horse Project.
And the press covers works-in-progress and celebrates completed projects — like the publication of the Stillwater bridge book and the gala opening of the NorShor Theatre in Duluth.
With more to come!